Monday, October 26, 2015

Wicked Musing

Good morning everyone!  We have a special Mini Challenge this week over in the Ching Chou Kuik Facebook Group!  It's going to be loads of fun!  The them is 'Spooky' - you can use any Ching Chou Kuik digi, and you can find tons of beautiful ones in her etsy shop.  For my DT project I made an altered chalkboard, which I made into a Halloween sign using Wicked Musing.  I hope you find her spooky! 


The Copics I used are: skin - Yg17, YG21, YG23 & YG25; dress/hat - R35, R37, R39, BV02, BV04 & BV13; door - E33, E35, E37, E57 & E59; bricks - E13, E15, E17 & E19; monkey - C1, C3, C5, C7, B91, B93, B95 & B97. The image is printed on x-press paper.

Here is a closer look at the image:

\

Another look at it as it hangs:


For this project, I bought a chalkboard from Michael's, and first sprayed it with different glimmer mist & American Crafts sprays.  I did end up covering most of it, but there is a cool marbles effect on the parts you can see (the colors are dark and muted).  I used paper from My Mind's Eye (Blackbird), and Graphic 45 (Time to Flourish) to cover most of the chalkboard.  I used an edge distresser on the edges of the image and all of the papers.  The flowers are all from Wild Orchid, and the 'Spooktacular' sticker is from Paper House.  I took out the black ribbon it came with and used my own ribbon in various colors.  I do love this one!  I honestly think it's my most favorite project I've made to date.

We would love for you to join the Ching Chou Kuik Facebook Group if you haven't already.  There is always a challenge (or 2) going on, and you'll see the latest releases.  Our wonderful DT is often sharing projects for your inspiration as well.  We would love to see what you make with Ching Chou Kuik's amazing digis!  Thanks for stopping by!  Have an awesome day.

xx Bonnie


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm speechless...FANTASTIC creation!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

Jacee said...

Fabulous Bonnie, wonderful colouring!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Wanda said...

WOW! I bet the trick or treater's loved this!